Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2013 Cross Country Season

Blake finished his cross country season running the Region race on October 21. He finished in 20:31 which was his PR for the season. To have run his time trial at 26 minutes, I'd say his season was a major success! Way to go Blake! A coach said that running is a good metaphor for life and I agree. It's hard but it's all you and those around you that cheer you on. This team was awesome for Blake and encouraged him all the way. Many times I welled up with tears watching runners give it their all while hearing their names yelled from the crowd, especially my own boy. We all struggle with things in life and it's awesome to be awesome at something.
" Let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, " Hebrews 12: 1-2

Blake's the black blur almost to the finish line... at least I got a good pic of his time.
~ Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment