Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of School 2014

School started yesterday. We have a 5th grader and a freshman in high school. My mind cannot comprehend how that is even possible but it is. The day was a success for everyone. Maddie has had a sore throat for several days so she didn't feel 100% but she will be going to see the doctor today and hopefully she will be on the mend soon. Blake managed to find his way around without using his map of the school and he has already declared his Ag Science class to be his favorite. With mention of shooting skeet on the football field, getting to cut grass and weed eat, and working in the greenhouse, how could I expect any less.



Maddie had her debut on the news and it went well for a first day on the job. She's looking forward to having a fun time as an anchor.

I always have mixed feelings when school starts. I enjoy having a routine but I hate being swamped with homework and other things to do. Each year gets easier as the kids get older but I still tend to worry about how the year will go. I worry about academics and also all the social issues my kids can get mixed up in. I want them to feel comfortable at school, have friends (good ones), and have a positive experience in the classroom.  I'm trying to be more aware of just living today and not projecting worry onto tomorrow or the day after that or next week even. Today is all there is anyway. So here's hoping this year is a good one and that we grow closer as a family, grow in knowledge and maturity, and have a pretty fun time doing it...

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment