Saturday, September 20, 2014

Some Saturday Stuff...

All the small stuff that went down that didn't make it to it's own individual post....


  • Maddie and I had a girls weekend and we tried out free hand embroidery. Our Friday night attempt was disastrous because it's a little difficult to just pick this hobby up and run with it. Also, we both suffer from the perfectionism bug. It's awful really, and I had to explain to her that it's ok to mess up and it's ok to leave it messed up and keep on to the end. By Saturday morning, we had found our groove and finished the project. We hung each one in our rooms. We will do this again for sure and plan to do the monograms for her teachers for Christmas gifts.


  • Blake's been practicing shooting his new bow, one he got earlier this month for his birthday and Christmas gift combined. He desperately wants to get good enough to be able to hunt with his dad at their archery only hunting club. On this particular day, proper documentation of his bullseye shot was needed. 




  • I ordered these boots for my birthday this week. I love them despite the fact they have glitter in the leather. It's very understated, I guess if floral embroidered boots can be understated. I foresee a lot of wearing them around the house to break them in, they are a little tight.




  • And last but not least... a Sadie snapshot... I'm kinda hoping the one in the middle is her. I mean look at that precious sweet face...
~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment