Monday, March 30, 2015

Taking Notes: on Patience

I woke up early this morning and started to get ready for work when I saw a flash of bright light coming through the bathroom window. By the time I was dressed and ready to start my morning by taking Sadie out to potty, I realized that flash was lightening and it was pouring rain.... not really my favorite way to start a Monday morning. See, Sadie is a water loving fool, and she takes great pleasure in standing out in the pouring rain. I do not. I attempted to take her potty from the front porch so I could stay in the dry, but, no, she refused to go. So to the back we went where I huddled under the umbrella while she tried to keep her wits about her while the lightening popped around us, literally. She finally did her business and we hurried back inside, but not before she shook all over me and the dining room and wouldn't sit long enough for me to get her dried off good. Then I had to chase her to dry her, wipe up all the wet paw prints and clean up the puddle from the umbrella, and I hadn't even had my coffee yet. It was at that point that I realized she's been sent to me from God to continue my lessons in patience. You see, having two kids just wasn't enough to teach me adequately all I need to know on the topic of patience. So I'm pretty sure that's why we got her. I must be the most hard headed student ever, because my patience lessons are difficult, and it seems like I have to repeat them a lot. It wasn't too long before Sadie needed to go out again, she always pees first and poops second, never in the same trip... patience lesson #2 of the day...



~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment