Monday, April 27, 2015

Bowties and Sausage

I made this recipe for our Alpha shift Sunday dinner yesterday. Every Sunday that Bryan works we have lunch after church in dispatch. I look forward to it and to seeing everyone because a lot of times regular people don't really understand what law enforcement life is all about. It's hard and it's stressful and it helps to spend time just enjoying a nice meal and catching up with everyone. I was asked for the recipe and while typing it up I decided I'd share it on the blog.


Bowties with Sausage
1 box bowtie pasta
2 T olive oil
1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
 
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
 
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup diced onion
28 ounces stewed tomatoes, drained (and I usually smash them up with my hands)
1 ½ cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste

 grated parmesan

In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage and red pepper flakes in the olive oil. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until onions soften. Add tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens a little. While sauce simmers, cook pasta, then drain and add to the sauce. Serve with grated parmesan. If I have basil from the garden, I'll garnish with it and it really sends this dish over the top, in my opinion... but I love basil.
 
This is one of Bryan's favorite meals and since food is my love language, I really enjoy making it for him. And it's so easy so you can't beat that.
 
~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment