Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Broken and Beautiful

I read this quote in my devotional email today. " Just because the road gets bumpy doesn't mean we are off course. Actually the right road is bumpy. The correct path does have obstacles and setbacks. The journey is broken and beautiful at the same time."

The devotional referred to parenting and how difficult it can be at times. It really rang true for me as I have a teenager and one who thinks she is. I often think if I'm being a good mom things will be going well for everyone, myself included, and when it's hard I blame myself. Because it's only bad if you are doing something wrong apparently.

I'm reminded by this quote that all of life is a journey. Whether it be parenting, marriage, work, family, or any relationship for that matter... The best we can offer is a broken but beautiful attempt to pour out all of ourselves and know that in the end that's all we had. 

I'm thankful and honestly sometimes worried that tomorrow is another day, depending on the circumstances. I'm also reminding myself how far I have come down my bumpy but beautiful road. 

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment