Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

We're having our traditional non-traditional Thanksgiving meal. Meaning we have turkey with our extended family some time other than Thanksgiving Day, so for our family we do something different. This year it is Beef Stew by Edie. I'm currently half way through preparing this meal and the smell is heavenly and the preliminary taste is also. We're having mashed potatoes, buttermilk cornbread, and strawberry cupcakes with homemade cream cheese icing that Maddie made especially for her dad. They are his all time favorite. And since he was on duty today, he gets a little special treatment.

There is much to be thankful for this year. While walking this morning, I couldn't help but reflect on those things that mean the most to me and that come to the front of my mind on days like today. I am blessed beyond what I deserve with a comfortable home that I love dearly. We have the luxury of choosing what we will eat each day, warmth, clothing of choice, a nice bed to rest in, and we have the chance to share what we have with others. Each of us have the health, ability, and desire to work and provide for our family. We have family around us that love and support us. Our kids are healthy and happy, most days. The list could go on and on... so on days when its easy to complain about something in life, this post will serve to speak truth back into a place where we may have become discouraged and somewhat hopeless.






These pictures sum up all I'm thankful for. And on a side note, I'm packing up for a trip to Colorado with my mom. We will have one week of fun and relaxation... something we have never experienced together.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment