Sunday, January 4, 2015

Long Time Gone

I haven't blogged in one month. That shows how busy the month of December is. After my trip to Colorado, things just sort of spiraled into a whirlwind of business so I'm going to do a quick run down of happenings just for the sake of doing it.

We had Maddie's birthday party a few weeks early. She had 13 girls spend the night at Gigi's house. We ate lots and there was lots of makeup, singing and choreography, laughter and good times. I think she enjoyed it especially since it's the first sleepover she ever hosted. She also had her tonsils removed on Dec. 23. She was an excellent patient and recovered quickly without much drama. She also started volleyball last month with a few friends and she's really been loving going and playing. They're just learning the basics but it's still exciting to her.

Blake has started practice for JV soccer. He hasn't conditioned or touched the ball in several years, but I'm hoping the skills come back quickly like they say with a bike, you never forget how to ride.
He has spent a lot of Christmas break squirrel hunting.

Christmas was kept really low key due to Maddie recovering from surgery. We had several meals with family and one with the shift. Bryan got me the best gift, it's a framed sketch of my grandparents old store, Cuzzins, It made me cry, of course, just like Maddie warned me it would. I got Bryan a pair of waders for duck hunting.

Sadie has been up to her usual tricks. We've discovered she's a sock eater.. and she also ate the memory foam from inside her bed when we left her alone too long on New Years Eve.

Bryan and I celebrated our 17th anniversary yesterday. We have a date weekend planned next week when Bryan is off, but we did celebrate yesterday by taking the kids to Night at the Museum 3 and to dinner.

So now there, I'm caught up and will do a photo dump ASAP.


~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment