Wednesday, November 27, 2013

For Perspective

My Thankful List:
  • Salvation and a relationship with my Savior
  • My husband, and that we love each other more now than when we started almost 16 years ago
  • My two children, who are healthy, intelligent, kind and are growing in love for the Lord
  • My parents, who taught me well and continue to love me by encouraging me and supporting me 
  • My siblings, the one who shared my childhood and the ones who came later and brought added joy
  • My extended family, who serve as a constant reminder that God uses all things to bring us closer to Him
  • My home, for its comfort and shelter from the outside world. May it always be a safe haven and loving place
  • Jobs, that provide all the necessities of life
I think these are all the things that matter, really. There are many other things I am thankful for from time to time, but they can sound silly and superficial. And I can get by without them. All the things on my list are essential to life for me and I will remember this holiday season to keep them at their rightful place in my priorities. Thank you, God, for way more than I deserve.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment