Friday, November 15, 2013

Souvenirs from Israel


Mom got back from Israel this past weekend. She brought us all some really cool souvenirs.
This was mine and Bryan's...

This nativity scene is hand carved from the wood of an olive tree. It's very intricate and beautiful. I love it. I am glad to have meaningful pieces of art in my home. I love for every piece to tell a story of this family. The carved monkeys in the left of the pic are from a mission trip my dad took to Africa when I was a kid. They are my evil monkeys. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. The dried roses are from Bryan's mom's funeral.  All are daily reminders of who loves you and what is important in life. 

~Tara

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! My in-laws gave us a similar set from their trip to Israel. I found you on Kelly's Korner. I live in the upstate too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see, my blog is a brand new project for me. Thanks for being my first commenter.

      Delete