Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Warnings

While on the way to work yesterday, I was singing along to Hello My Name Is, by Matthew West, not really paying much attention to the world around me. That's when I saw the police officer on the side of the street and hit my brakes. He saw me speeding and I knew it. I pulled over on Main Street, of all places, and waited, embarrassed, while he wrote me a warning. Thank goodness it was only a warning. I began to think how lucky that was. In life we get warnings, sometimes we heed them and sometimes we don't. A warning can come from something convicting someone says to you, your own conscience, or like me, from an officer of the law. Thankfully God gives us chances to right our course before worse consequences come our way.


~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment