Wednesday, January 22, 2014

One Year

Today marks one year since Nana passed away. It's been the fastest year really. We have managed to make it through all the "firsts" without her. First birthday celebrations, first holidays, and lots of regular days just waking up and remembering how she's not there to hug or talk to, which can send you right back to day one. I am so glad we know Nana is in heaven. I am happy that my kids understand that and follow after a Savior who loves them enough to provide a way for them to experience heaven with her one day. I am thankful that we can remember her and be happy about having the time we did have to spend together and for the kids to have loving memories of her. We never know what God has planned for our lives or how long he will give us to live them, but we can know that God works all things for good, he is always loving and will help us endure hurts and hard experiences when we allow him to. He has brought us through this year and has used it for His glory. I can't help but think about Gary and Lib and how happy this day was for them, even when it was our saddest. God used our family to help another family. What greater honor that to be of useful service to the King of the universe! I am amazed at what medical technology can do, but I am more amazed at what God's power can do.

~Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment