Monday, June 9, 2014

Anticipating an Addition

For several months now, we have been eagerly awaiting an addition to our family. We've named her, planned for her, and now the countdown is on. We're getting a PUPPY.



These are the parents of our soon to be sweet puppy, Sadie. This is Roxy and Whiskey and they are Boykin Spaniels. I'll be honest and admit that I'm not a big animal lover. We do already have one cat, one dog, and two fish. I love all these pets, aside from the fish~which are just another chore on my to do list. Other peoples pets, though, just make me nervous and I'm not really fond of them unless they are old dogs that just lay around at your feet. If a dog is yappy and jumps all over me, I can't stand it. I'm sure I had a bad experience as a child and I'm scarred.
We have never had an inside pet and that's what Sadie will be except for when she goes hunting or just outside with us. I've never trained an inside pet so I'm like a new pet mom, totally inexperienced. I've told Bryan that she is mostly his responsibility but I am aware that I will be caring for her quite often. I am here more than he is during the day. We have actually put more thought and planning into having Sadie than we did about having both of our children combined. I can't believe I just typed that!! I hope she will blend seamlessly into our family and she will love me as much as I will attempt to love her. As long as she's not completely spastic, I think we can get along just fine.
Roxy and Whiskey are in the process of conceiving these sweet puppies so we should know soon about Sadie's ETA, sometime in the fall.
So I have time to prepare myself for new puppy motherhood,
wish me luck!!

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment