Friday, June 13, 2014

In Progress: Gallery Wall

Last fall, we had family pictures taken. Bryan and I had a few taken of just us. I had them printed and then did nothing with them. I just couldn't decide on what frame to use. I wanted to hang them in our bedroom and make a gallery wall on our only empty wall. After many months I finally chose a frame. Then I leaned them against the wall, afraid to hang them because I thought they would look small on the wall since I didn't have any other parts of the gallery wall I had in mind. So, after way too long of looking at them and worrying over it, I decided to just do it. I had two canvases that used to hang over the bed and that were covered in fabric. I ripped the fabric off and painted them pretty simply using the colors I hope to incorporate into the gallery wall.

this was the fabric that was on the canvas




Now I'm happy looking at the wall even though it's not completely finished. I'm on the lookout for unique things to add and if I need to change the canvases I can just paint over them. 

~Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment