Sunday, June 8, 2014

Time to Catch Up

Whew!! It's been a busy week. It always takes a few day to transition from school to summer time. But I thing we have managed to do it. Here's what's happening lately...

after pick up on the last day of school

it's tradition... we burn everything from the school year!! This pretty much sums it up well,
Blake is thrilled and Maddie looks like it's hurting her heart to have to do it.








We hung the Eno's in their permanent location for summer, in the shade of the barn. They will get lots of hang time in these lazy days of summer. Initially, the kids were asking constantly, "what are we going to do today, or tomorrow, or next week." It's impossible to something big everyday of summer. I hope they are able to learn how to simply relax and hang out, literally. There will be fun days for sure but there will also be days when they have to use a little creative imagination and find something fun to do. 

And, our niece Emily graduated from high school. I can't believe how fast time passes. When my brother started dating her mom, Emily was in elementary school. Since then, they have gotten married and my brother adopted Emily. They have a special bond. We've watched her grow up and become a beautiful young lady, and I can't wait to see what she decides to do with her life.



 I can't help but think ahead to the day Blake and then Maddie walk across the stage. If you've had a child to struggle in school, you can understand when I say I may jump up and burst into the Hallelujah chorus, reduce myself to a puddle of tears on the floor, or sigh the biggest sigh of relief ever known to man. If your child does not struggle in school, the feelings are just as emotional, just in a different way. I know this because I have imagined what it will be like in each circumstance. Either way they both will achieve the same end goal, and we will be equally ecstatic when they do.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment