Saturday, May 31, 2014

8th Grade Dance

Blake went to his 8th grade dance last night. He wavered all month on going, mainly this week over having to wear a tie. And he was adamant he was not wearing a clip on. He made last minute plans to go out to eat with a few friends and then ride to the dance with them. So I didn't take him or pick him up, but we did a mini photo shoot on the front porch. He was not too enthusiastic about it but he did put up with my cameras for a few good shots.


getting the tie done



the twins



It is entirely possible to feel every emotion all at the same time. I'm happy Blake has made it successfully through his middle school years. I'm happy he is healthy, full of life, and happy. I worry about high school and all the things that come along with driving, dating, etc. I can't believe how fast he has grown up, it goes by like a flash. I'm proud, so proud of his kind and helpful heart, his ability to keep going when things get hard, and his beautiful face. I sometimes catch myself thinking that he's still my baby. Unfortunately, he's not. He can drive to the brink of insanity and make me so exasperated... but I would give my life for him in a heartbeat. He will do something awesome with his life, I know. He has always lived outside the box, and refused to conform when people tried to put him in one, myself included. As much as it's my job to raise him, I am sure God sent him to me to teach me things no one else could.

I love this boy of mine...



~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment