Thursday, May 15, 2014

Give Something

It's National LEO Appreciation Week. To honor this week and the officers who have died in the line of duty, there have been many events to take part in. There was a blood drive at the sheriff's office in memory of our friend Bill. I decided to be brave and donate blood. I am not a fan of needles and try to avoid them if at all possible, however, I will step up for a good cause. And I did fine, by the way.




The same evening the kids and I attended the awards ceremony for the presentation of the Bill Schuck Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship is given to a student who will be pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice. This presentation is very important to me. I will never forget the first year it was presented. It was the same day that Carey Ann, Bill's wife, was giving birth to their son. I get chills as I type this, just like I did that night as the first scholarship was awarded in his memory. I was surprised to see Carey Ann and Aaron at the ceremony this week. It was good to see them and Aaron made friends with Maddie right away. It was love at first sight. :)
We all had time for pictures and to talk a while before they needed to head back home. It still breaks my heart to know that sweet boy never got to meet his dad.








Every 53 hours an officer gives his life in the line of duty. Let that sink in a little. If you know an officer, if you love an officer, if you ever have an opportunity, thank an officer and his family for his service. It will be very much appreciated. If you can give blood, do it. If you can give a smile or any act of kindness, do it. Give something...

~Tara






No comments:

Post a Comment