Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blake to the Rescue


Tuesday morning I found out my Mom had a snake in her house!!! My skin crawls at the thought. She slept all night in a house with a snake under the stove. Her neighbor came over to help catch the snake but it went into hiding. So after school Blake and I stopped in before picking up Maddie from Art Squad. I warned him about the snake and of course he went right in and started looking for it. He opened all the cabinets, the warming drawer under the stove, everywhere. Then we decided to look downstairs and in the basement. Finally as we came back upstairs and headed back to the kitchen, I saw it. We stood still a few seconds trying to decide what to do next. Blake ran down and grabbed the shovel and a dustpan. I kept my eyes on the snake. And in the end, we won!!!




It still creeps me out just looking at this picture. I am happy we were at the right place at the right time to rid Mom of this snake. Blake's her hero!!!

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment