Monday, October 13, 2014

Escape from a Terrible Weekend

Sometimes you just have them you know, a terrible day or series of them as my luck would have it. It's early Monday morning and I have just escaped the most terrible weekend I've had in quite some time. I had a sick child who was feverish and throwing up, rain, a rambunctious puppy, and Blake away for the night at a friend's house. None of these are bad things really, but when you combine them all at once it can push you over the edge. I was ok with the sick child because I've been a mom long enough that puke doesn't scare me anymore. Anytime a kid is at someone else's house I am uneasy, that never changes. Rainy days are usually nice but not when you have to take a puppy out to potty in it. Sunday started off wild because I took Sadie out and slipped on the wet steps and fell. It was bad!! Luckily she didn't get hurt but I sure did. My back hit the steps in two places and I landed hard on my right elbow. It's gashed open and so very sore. Not to mention that Sadie is starting to play me about going potty, she likes to hit the grass running and not come back. I spent a lot of my day chasing after her. The kids and I being cooped in the house with a rowdy puppy that needs space to run and wear herself out made for the perfect storm of volatile emotions. I lost it too many times and had to apologize lots. There were tears and yelling and lots of frustration. But like any other bad day, eventually bed time came and it was over, thank goodness. And now today is a new day, my sweet girl left me an encouraging note on my bedside table, I slept ok considering I could only lay on the one side that didn't hurt, and Bryan's got Sadie duty today. Ha! On the to do list for today is a vet appointment for the wild pup, dentist appointments for the kids, and a stop at PetSmart for a leash. My chasing days are done.... and if you read this entire post you can understand why there are no pictures to accompany it. I feel it was quite an accomplishment to have survived this weekend.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment