Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pig Pen Falls

I have no idea why this area of the river is called Pig Pen Falls. I should ask someone who knows because I'm sure it's an interesting story. We recently hiked here on a Sunday afternoon. It's actually one of my favorite hikes. It was a nice sunny but cool fall day.

This would be a rare moment of sibling love. This photo was not prompted and they asked me to take it.


Blake snagged his one and only fish of the day in this hole. It may have actually been his first cast.




She got tired and hungry. This was her begging to leave face. We did walk a little farther down river than we ever have and found a nice deep swimming hole with a rope swing. Blake tried it out and said it was a blast but unfortunately he was in his underwear so I will refrain from posting those pictures here on the blog. It would actually be a really nice camp spot but the hike in is about 2 miles and we doubt we can carry all our stuff in one trip. We plan to make a day trip next summer and picnic and play there all day. I love the river, I know I've said it a million times but it's so peaceful to me and I just am so happy there.



~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment