Tuesday, December 24, 2013

About all our Christmas Events

This year I hosted the Lowery family again for a Christmas dinner. We didn't have the whole family present because some of them live away from here and a few were sick. We had soups and sides again and it seems to work well. It's a departure from our traditional meal when we met at Cuzzins but it's what we do for the time being. We had taco soup, broccoli soup, and tomato soup. Ham and cheese and chicken salad croissants were brought by my aunt. We had a good time visiting and the men sat around and told hunting stories... some things never change.

Today we are having brunch at Mom's and dinner tonight at Dad's. I am taking a French Toast Casserole to Mom's and I'll post the recipe if the crowd likes it. I'm taking dressing and gravy and broccoli casserole to Dad's. Despite all this food talk, the best part is just being together and having time to be at home and relax and step away from the routine of normal daily life.

I have been very moved this year to realize that no other thing matters in this life than living in God's presence. When we are in God's presence there is love, joy, peace, faithfulness, honesty, goodness.... and we are not in his presence all the opposites are true. I don't want any of the opposites in my life or my family. Our Christmas service at church was very powerful and reinforced the fact of how much God loves us and how much he gave so we could have a relationship with him and live in His presence. For this gift, I am most thankful and so undeserving, as I am a sinner daily and don't deserve to be near God at all. I want this to be my focus this Christmas and every day.

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Merry Christmas!
~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment