Monday, December 16, 2013

Cotton Family Christmas

Over the weekend we had a Christmas meal with my mom's side of the family. We drove to Lake Marion and stayed at my aunt's lake house. It was a nice weekend despite the rain that set in about one hour prior to everyone arriving and our meal. We crammed everyone in the house and ate BBQ, rice and hash, mac and cheese, broccoli casserole, broccoli salad, and slaw. There is a distinct difference in how we do BBQ in the upstate and how they do it in the low country. It was very good but just different. I had mine on a bun with slaw, I had someone say they had never seen anyone do that. Really, ?? is there any other way??  Well, we don't have hash and rice in our neck of the woods, so my kids didn't eat any, it was just too weird they said. We were able to visit with family we had not seen in years, like 10-15 years. And it was nice to see my grandmother also. She seems to get around slower and more delicately every time we see her. It's quite a humbling experience to assist someone who struggles to do daily tasks that we take for granted being able to do. I didn't take the first picture, bad of me I know, but I enjoyed the weekend no less and was glad to have seen everyone. We hope to make it an annual event.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment