Friday, December 6, 2013

Madalynn

Here's Madalynn, snorkeling in the crystal clear water off Shell Island. This was a highlight of our Florida vacation this past summer. Madalynn had never snorkeled before, and I hadn't either, the big difference is she was able to do it and I was not. I am not very comfortable in the water so I pretty much freaked out immediately and called it a day. I had a lot more fun watching and taking pictures of the rest of the family doing it. I admire that Madalynn is not afraid to try a new thing, or not try a new thing, whatever the case may be. This week she bowed out of an audition for the lead role in the play Annie at her school. She had been anticipating this show for 2 years and felt sure she would get the part based on her red hair alone. But she backed out saying it was too much for her to take on. We talked about it and I gave her several chances to change her mind. But she stood by her choice. We discussed that saying no to one activity means you are available to say yes to another. We aren't sure yet what the "other" is but we'll be ready when it is. I love that my girl is fearless and confident in herself, I hope she always stays that way.  
Snorkeling~ Shell Island, Panama City 2013


~Tara




No comments:

Post a Comment