Thursday, December 5, 2013

Being a Good Influence

Yesterday Blake and a friend helped lead the Hogs for Heaven meeting at school. It's similar to a FCA. He was prepared with a lesson but realized he didn't have enough time to execute the full lesson. He and the friend went to the teacher to explain and were encouraged to just speak from the heart. They began to share what their pastors had been teaching at church. Ours has been targeted to teens with regards to having a vision and purpose, with some instruction on friendships and dating. It was an excellent series and obviously Blake learned a lot from it. He said he was nervous and messed up a few times but overall he was bold and willing, in my opinion, to step up and talk about a potentially touchy subject with his peers. He is so much more courageous than I was in the 8th grade. I am proud that he is strong in his faith and unashamed to be a light for Jesus in his school.

"You are the light of the world- like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see." Matthew 5:14
in front of Cooper Library, Clemson University, Blake's 14th birthday


I love this boy! He can drive me to the brink of insanity at times, but I love him so much. God gave me Blake to teach me lessons, so many I can't even count.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment