Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Highlights

Here's the rundown on the highlights of our Christmas:

  • Brunch at Mom's Christmas Eve morning was very nice. The french toast casserole I made was really good, despite the fact that I had to bring over half of it home. It just couldn't compete with biscuits and deer sausage gravy, breakfast casserole and bacon. Most foods fail to compete with bacon, especially with two grown men and two teenagers. My mom gave Bryan and me a Clemson tailgate tent that we absolutely cannot wait to set up in the sand on vacation at Edisto.
at Mom's
  •  Christmas Eve dinner at my dad's was also nice. The house was full of kids which actually is pretty nice at Christmas. The food was good. Blake gave my little brother a pocket knife in his gift bag without me knowing, and of course, he cut himself with it almost immediately. That was the dramatic highlight of the evening.

  • Christmas Day at home was perfect. We had a simple morning of opening gifts and breakfast before Bryan headed to work. Afterwards we headed to Mom's to hang out and have lunch. In the afternoon a friend of hers took the kids and me flying in his plane. The kids loved it, but I have trouble with motion sickness so I spent my flight clutching the seat belt hoping I didn't puke! Ha! Oh well, at least I did it, even though I am afraid of heights and flying in that plane felt like flying on a tiny bug.
my gift~PW Holiday cookbook 
Blake opening his new Eno
waiting for Dad in front of the tree
Maddie and Olaf, she screamed so loud when she opened him
Bryan's weather center



        pre-flight plane check
          flying over Death Valley
  • The weekend after Christmas we headed over to spend the weekend with the Long side of the family. There are 9 grandchildren in the family and 4 under the age of 3. It looked like a toy store exploded in the house. We had a really good time even though this is the first Christmas without Nana.


Long Family
  • Blake has taken off for Camp Buc and Maddie is with Mom, so we are taking advantage of our time alone by celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary. Yay for us!
~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment