Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Antique Orchard Ladder

My sweetheart husband surprised me yesterday with something I have been wanting since we moved in the new house last year... an antique orchard ladder. I wanted it to be narrower at the top and old. We have an apple stand close to the house and he stopped there to ask about one. Luckily they had one they would sale and it is now mine. I have several heirloom handmade quilts that I wanted on display. And here they are...



The top quilt was made by my grandmother and is the one we used in our family pictures recently. It is one of my most treasured possessions. The second quilt belonged to my mother in law who passed away in January. The other special quilts are on the beds keeping us warm at night. Seeing these everyday reminds me of who they came from and where we came from. I love my home being filled with things that have meaning to us, not just random purchases to fill space.

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment